Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Paper Hug - Vancouver BC Photographer

Its not every day you receive a paper hug in the mail. It's not every day you receive anything in the mail but flyers and bills. Today could have not been a better day to receive it as my father-in-law was having surgery, my Grandmother passed a away a few days ago and my father is battling cancer in a hospice in Burnaby. Its definitely too much for our family to take right now but when I checked the mail today it sure made me smile and lightened the weight on my shoulders just a little. The sender of the "paper hug" is the lovely Erin Boniferro who came in to my life a few years back when she was dating a friend of mine. They are no longer together but lucky for me we stayed friends and I will be shooting her next month when she gets married. I wanted to share this wonderful gesture with the blogger universe to show you that yes the little things do make the biggest impact.

Modeling the paper hug is my 18-year-old diabetic cat Oreo. (she hates the camera)







1 comment:

  1. That's an amazing hug!!! I only met Erin when she opened her shop: my kids are 8, 6 and 4, and adore her, as do I.

    We could all use an Erin in our lives, to give us a sweet smile or some kind of a lovely hug. You're lucky to have her as a friend.

    I am sorry to hear of the things that have been swirling in your life. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother. My grandmothers and grandfather have been gone 5, 12 and 11 years (respectively) ago, but I still carry the things I loved about them with me and see them reflected in my children and nieces and nephews. I struggle against the things I see in myself that may have been the more difficult things about them, but find comfort in knowing that those things come from somewhere (and aren't completely my fault!).

    Hopefully your father-in-law and dad are each able to look out a window today (or get outside) and enjoy a long-awaited day of springtime.

    karen

    ps. your cat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that your comments will not be posted if you include a link or website. It will be considered spam and deleted.